Tiny cars with motorcycle engines took center stage Saturday evening in the dwarf car/lightning sprint events in the grandstand area at the Imperial Valley Fairgrounds. Dwarf cars are 5/8 scaled copies of 1928 to 1948 vintage American coupes, sedans and trucks. They are powered by a motorcycle engine no bigger than 1250cc. The bodies are scaled down versions of full size cars. Lightning sprint cars, like those shown here, are open-wheel miniatures with wings and motorcycle engines no bigger than 1200cc. PHOTOS SERGIO BASTIDAS
- Humidity: 22%
- Cloud Coverage:%
- Wind: 5 mph
- UV Index: 11 Extreme
- Sunrise: 05:33:49 AM
- Sunset: 07:47:51 PM
Sunny skies. Becoming windy late. High 97F. W winds at 5 to 10 mph, increasing to 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Clear. Windy this evening. Low 68F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Sunny. Becoming windy late. High 93F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
- Preparan protesta en El Centro por muerte de afroamericanos
- Former El Centro man charged with Texas murder
- Valley Briefs: Peaceful protest to be held Monday
- County to appeal to governor
- Hundreds gather for Black Lives Matter rally
- Dear Probe: Why did police "serenade" a quinceañera with city resources?
- Anuncian reapertura de IV Mall
- COVID claims beloved cop and coach
- Testing to begin in Calexico, second community site on its way
- Local high schools set to celebrate their seniors virtually
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
This Week in Review
A weekly review of the best and most popular stories published in the Imperial Valley Press. Also, featured upcoming events, new movies at local theaters, the week in photos and much more.