Dear Probe, I live outside the city limits of El Centro. My family's property is about two acres and is being flooded by a neighbor with a broken pipe. However, we don't know which neighbor. I called the county and IID but they both keep passing the buck. They said it’s the property owner’s responsibility.

Now what I'd like to know is why they sometimes enforce water restrictions on city residence, but when thousands of gallons of water are being wasted, they don't do anything about it? Why act like they are helping the environment by conserving water. It's a joke! They really can't investigate, then have the property owner to fix it, thus saving water? Are they going to pay me to do their job by having me go door to door and investigate my neighbors?

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.