MEXICALI — To remind victims and agencies that supported the community of Mexico City's 1985 and 2017 earthquakes, the City of Mexicali joined a national earthquake simulation and flag ceremony on Monday. First responders, authorities, City Hall employees, and the community stood outside Mexicali City Hall. According to a publication by the Government of Mexicali, they remembered those who lost their lives during the earthquakes. The ceremony also served as a moment to remind the solidarity and empathy of those who helped others during the earthquakes registered in 1985 and 2017. The city added that this simulation also helps strengthen the culture of prevention and how to act during an earthquake.
- Humidity: 49%
- Cloud Coverage: 9%
- Wind: 1 mph
- UV Index: 7 High
- Sunrise: 06:36:04 AM
- Sunset: 06:28:13 PM
Plentiful sunshine. High 101F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
A mostly clear sky. Low 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Mostly sunny skies. High 98F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
- Preparan cambios en operación de garita centro
- CHS teacher shares with students the richness of Spanish
- Registran homicidio en Calexico
- Arresta policía de El Centro a estudiante por segunda amenaza en Southwest
- Fed approval pending on change to local air service
- Hallan patrulla fronteriza clonada
- MEXICALI BRIEFS: San Felipe assistant police chief, commander shot to death
- City council approves Main Street closures for Cattle Call
- Agents encounter, seize cloned Border Patrol vehicle
- Arrestan a mujer por abandono de menor
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
This Week in Review
A weekly review of the best and most popular stories published in the Imperial Valley Press. Also, featured upcoming events, new movies at local theaters, the week in photos and much more.