The Imperial 11U All-Stars pose with their banner after winning the local District 22 Little League Tournament this weekend. The team had a dominant showing at the event. They won all three of their games by a margin of 13 or more, topping the El Centro All-Stars 16-3 on Friday, Calipatria 29-3 on Saturday and El Centro again 22-1 in Sunday’s final. None of the games went longer than four innings due to the 10-run rule. Ezra Favila was a key contributor for Imperial starting and getting the win in both games against El Centro. The District 22 win advances the team to San Diego sectionals, which are scheduled to start July 13. COURTESY PHOTO
- Humidity: 17%
- Cloud Coverage:%
- Wind: 7 mph
- UV Index: 10 Very High
- Sunrise: 06:07:42 AM
- Sunset: 07:23:51 PM
Abundant sunshine. High 108F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Clear skies. Low 76F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Mainly sunny. High around 110F. Winds light and variable.
- Abre este viernes nuevo Santo Tomás
- Man arrested after alleged threats at mall
- Civil action against dentist stayed pending criminal investigation
- Homelessness placing a strain on public safety
- Swearingen out, Smith in at Calipat
- Arrestan a residente de Calexico por amenazas en Centro Comercial
- Bakersfield man charged with murder in DUI crash
- Valley native makes her mark on Fortnite World Cup
- Anuncia USCIS cierre de oficinas en México
- Turner to leave county counsel post
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
This Week in Review
A weekly review of the best and most popular stories published in the Imperial Valley Press. Also, featured upcoming events, new movies at local theaters, the week in photos and much more.