The Imperial 11U All-Stars pose with their banner after winning the local District 22 Little League Tournament this weekend. The team had a dominant showing at the event. They won all three of their games by a margin of 13 or more, topping the El Centro All-Stars 16-3 on Friday, Calipatria 29-3 on Saturday and El Centro again 22-1 in Sunday’s final. None of the games went longer than four innings due to the 10-run rule. Ezra Favila was a key contributor for Imperial starting and getting the win in both games against El Centro. The District 22 win advances the team to San Diego sectionals, which are scheduled to start July 13. COURTESY PHOTO
- Humidity: 50%
- Cloud Coverage:%
- Wind: 16 mph
- UV Index: 11 Extreme
- Sunrise: 05:33:44 AM
- Sunset: 07:48:22 PM
Sunny skies. Becoming windy late. High near 90F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Clear skies. Gusty winds during the evening. Low 64F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Mainly sunny. High 96F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Preparan protesta en El Centro por muerte de afroamericanos
- County to appeal to governor
- COVID claims beloved cop and coach
- Valley Briefs: Peaceful protest to be held Monday
- Hundreds gather for Black Lives Matter rally
- Daughter of El Centro man fatally shot by police seeks answers, accountability
- Detectan caso de Coronavirus en restaurante local
- Inmate’s family angered over alleged prank call
- Testing to begin in Calexico, second community site on its way
- Local high schools set to celebrate their seniors virtually
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
This Week in Review
A weekly review of the best and most popular stories published in the Imperial Valley Press. Also, featured upcoming events, new movies at local theaters, the week in photos and much more.